Monday, December 28, 2009

objectives

When my adviser asked me about my future objectives, I said I want to survive in this field of research. My adviser's vision is admirable; he never keeps a negative mind nor delivers a discouraging word, rather always carries a spirited motion or a keen and cautious stride.

"Its a hard life, you know, funding, teaching, research, fighting with referees ..." he wanted to carry on digging up his survival notes. I interrupted him "Yes, I know", and I continued "I will continue". I knew "I know" was a loose statement; one can hardly sense the roughness and darkness of a struggle without experience. But I've given thoughts and have chosen the challenge; challenge adds spices to the success, with no repentant to the failure.


When you reach the top of a mountain, you feel proud;
when you are drowned to the depth of a ocean, you find fear;
when you are at the deepest of a forest, you are lost;
and when you are at the heart of a graveyard, you realize life is purposeless;
but when you are deep into reading or writing or creation or understanding, you become inspired.

I cry for success, I cry down failure; I cry out for laugh, I cry in sorrow; I cry up others glory, I cry at others weeps. I am just a happy traveler who has no tears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!