Sunday, June 02, 2013

An ex post facto Taksim that was refrigerated in my memory

Today's violent Taksim taps on my shoulder to look back into that lovely day I spent in this vibrant place of Istanbul.

Date: A day in July or August in 2010. It was about 5 or 6 o'clock in the afternoon.


Both the sun and the breeze have befriended today to keep Taksim cool and calm.

People are either rushing for something or running away from someone even on their way back home. It reminds me of New York or Mumbai.

Overwhelming yellow Taksi(s) are constantly adding the rhyme to the name of the place.  
None of the pictures represent
Taksim, but Turkey for sure.
I have just returned from a grand ‘business less, pleasure more’ trip from Marmaris.

Marmaris is more beautiful than what I was encouraged with. The day I started a long bus trip from Istanbul to there, I eventually generated an uncanny curiosity about that place by the colossal excitements of all my navigators after hearing about my journey. It was like all the listeners had been mesmerized by the traveler, not by the caliber of the storyteller but by the prior knowledge of the story.  

A land gains more beauty than its landscape when its beholder enjoys the feeling that he is there with lovely acquaintances. This formula works in reverse gear as well such that a handsome nature can rapidly transform an acquaintance into a friend.

When you are happy, show it. It makes others happy too. I wrongly thought only few are wiser with such philosophy. Everybody here inherits  this talent knowingly or unknowingly. People are warm and happy, and share their happiness with their guests. 

When in Turkey, do what the Turkish do. I had also started smoking heavily.

No comments: